Tuesday 23 July 2013

ST. ANNE'S GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL - BORIVILI: STUDENTS' ORIENTATION PROGRAM

ST. ANNE'S GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL - BORIVILI: STUDENTS' VALUE EDUCATION ORIENTATION:
July 23, 2013: The students of St. Anne's Girl;s High School - Borivili, grabbed an opportunity that came their way. In spite of a declared holiday, over four hundred and fifty students of standards nine and ten, took part in a Value Education Orientation Program, that was conducted by Fr. Glenford Lowe and Mr. Rochwyn Fernandes. Sr. Graclin Rose Mary, principal of the school welcome the guest speakers to the school. On behalf of the school management, Mrs. Malvina Verdes, introduced the speakers to the students. The incessant rains all through the day, didn't prevent the students from attending the session.
The two sessions, consisting of two and a half hours each, were spent well. The theme for the day's Value orientation was ' Living your Life by a Value Compass'. Right from the word go, the students were fully active and attentive to every moment of the program. A prayer song, 'Sarweshaam, Swastir Bhavatu' brought a spiritual tone to the program. The students were then invited by Mr. Rochwyn Fernandes to participate in a 'fantasy meditation' and to relax and slow down with the help of some rhythmic breathing. He introduced Fr. Glenford Lowe and made a reference to his noble gesture of 'donating his kidney' to a fellow salesian priest.
Fr. Glenn then took over... the session was very down-to-earth and full of daily life experiences in a students' life. Focusing on the need to reset one's Value compass and to take charge of one's direction in life, the entire session was a call to return back to celebrate life abundantly. The call was to get M.A.D... make a difference. Citing popular examples like Ms. Kia Scherr, Ryan Hjerlac and Malala Yousafzai, he challenged the students to make a worthy contribution to humanity. "At the end of your life, what is it that you would like to be remembered for?" , he asked.
The young minds were invited to start asking more 'meaning questions' rather than just living a life of survival. Basing the talk on Twelve Diamond values that are important to reset one's personal value compass, the students took the opportunity to reevaluate their personal life so far. Important values based on one's 'attitude', team work, communication, confidence, creativity, criticism, were also discussed about. Other points for consideration were on 'Multi tasking and time management', accountability and living a balanced life and also a life of abundance.
With the help of a PowerPoint presentation and use of powerful media clips and everyday life situations, the students fully participated in all the activities and were able to challenge themselves to start making a Difference in their own lives. At the end of the session, a number of students came forward to write their comments in the AVEC appreciation log book.
"It was really inspiring to learn so much in such a little time. It will be helpful in future to face the challenges that we as girls face. Very big ‘THANK YOU’ to Fr. Glenn." - Edlyn D’Mello (X-A)
"It was truly a very motivating speech and I enjoyed a lot. Fr. Glenn really inspired me to think and plan a future ahead" Kruti Sakpal (X- A)
"I am really inspired and motivated by the talks of Fr. Glenn. He spoke the words and message of our girls’ heart, the problems what we face. I will try to improve the things what eve he has spoken. A big Thanks!" -  Destiny Gomes (X- B)
"Thank you for your precious time for motivating and inspiring us towards our future. Thank you for making us understand the reason why we should not be idle but Make A Difference not only for us but for the world too." -  Mitali Patel (X- B)
"The experience of listening to Fr. Glenn was truly a wonderful experience for me. I am really inspired by his talks and would really ‘Make A Difference’ in my life. Thanks a lot!!"-  Vaishnavi Rahate (X- B)
"Thank you Fr. Glenn. Many of your words did relate to my life. There were many things to learn. I believe it will always be there with me till the end. Thank you!"- Rhea Nathan (X- B)
"A motivating session, I’m sure that my life will change its course after this. I have faith that I will get M. A. D and change my life and respect my values" Aishwarya Jagtap (X- B)
"Thank you for your precious time given to us. It motivates and encourages me for my future. I have become M. A. D and it will help me in my future. Thank You" -   Mahima Acharya (X- B)

"Before coming to this session I thought it would be quite boring, but actually it was very interesting. I’ve failed in my life at times, but never tried to come up. Through this session, I’ve learned a lot and  I will try my best to bring myself up and running in the race again. You gave me oil in my lamp and I will make sure it keeps burning. I will Make A Difference in my life"-  Sakshi Jaiswal (X- B)
"90 out of my 100 questions have been answered and this session and helped me with the rest. With lots of love and gratefulness" - Gauri Bidwe (X- B)
"Thanks for spending precious time with us to include good values, which I will definitely make me M.A.D. And thank you also to be our motivator, point of inspiration and a guide"-  Harshada. N. Rana (X- C)
"It was a truly motivating and inspiring session. Thanks for spending your precious time with us. It will surely help us to take the right decision about our future and our life"-  Pooja. M. Rane (X- C)
"These were truly wonderful 2.5 hours I’ve spent in a long time. Thank you and I would love to have this session once again"-   Rashmi Manuja (X- A)
"These 2.5 hours have been the most inspiring hours of my life. I’ve been to various such programmes but none have given me a clearer view of life. Fr. Glenn, thank you for sharing your knowledge with us and please don’t stop"- Prachi Jethwa (X- A)
 "Very inspiring session. Thank you very much for all your motivating values"-  Dhanya Bappanad (IX- A)
"We appreciate the 12 points given by Fr. Glenford and we’ll surely include them in our life and thank you for the motivation and for your valuable time" - Pearl Pasanna & Alisha Raut (IX- B)
 "It was a wonderful session, very meaningful and motivating, inspiring, full of innumerable examples of day to day life. It surely is going to have an impact on all of us" -   Allena Martis (IX- C)
"It was a very wonderful and inspiring orientation. We appreciate the way Fr. Glenford gave us examples of our day to day falls of life"- Student (IX- A)




"It was a very motivating and useful session. And these 12 points were the most valuable points of my life. And I wish Fr. Glenford thanks for giving us such a valuable session"- Neha Brahmane (IX- C)
Congratulations to all the students of St. Anne's Girls High school - Borivili and I pray God's blessings on you all through the coming years ahead of you in your educative journey to live your lives more significantly guided by a Value Compass! - Fr. Glenford Lowe