Saturday, 31 July 2010
Greetings to you from the Archdiocesan Value Education Centre (AVEC), Matunga
At the outset, thank you for all the cooperation we receive from your institution. With reference to the letter of the Secretary ABE, Fr. Gregory Lobo on 14th June 2010, regarding the appointment of a Value Education Coordinator and an Assistant Coordinator in your school, AVEC now intends to conduct a half day meeting at all DEANERY LEVELS to strengthen the foundations for a more vibrant Value Education Structural setup within the schools affiliated to the ABE.
The following two Value Education Teachers from your school will represent the school for this meeting.
The Deanery Level Meetings will take place on the following days at the various schools:
Deanery Date Venue: School
Andheri Deanery 04/08/10 St. Dominic Savio High School, Andheri
Bandra Deanery 06/08/10 St. Andrew’s High School, Bandra
Borivili Deanery & Bhayandar Deanery 11/08/10 Don Bosco High School, Borivili
Central Suburbs Deanery 13/08/10 Sacred Heart High School, Santacruz
North Bombay Deanery 18/08/10 Don Bosco Youth Services, Matunga
Thane Deanery 20/08/10 St. John the Baptist, Thane
South Bombay Deanery 25/08/10 St. Anne’s Girls, Fort
Kurla Deanery & Navi Mumbai Deanery 27/08/10 Don Bosco Youth Services, Matunga
Timing: 9.30 am – 01.00 pm
09.30 am: Arrival – Registration
10.00 am – 11.15 am: Session I – Introduction to AVEC
11.15 am – 11.45 pm: Break (Snacks)
11.45 am – 0.1.00 pm: Session II: AVEC Way Forward
The Responsibilities of the AVEC are:
1. To animate all primary and secondary schools, junior colleges and special schools affiliated to the Archdiocesan Board of Education (ABE) in the area of Value Education.
2. To enable Teachers to handle the Value Education syllabus in an effective manner.
3. To offer students opportunities to imbibe Values through curricular and extracurricular activities.
4. To work out the annual program with the ABE and to set up the AVEC structure on the lines of the Diocesan Pastoral Centre,
Please note that there will be no registration fee for this meeting. The Value Education representatives are requested to bring along a pen and writing material. Three Dozens of Value Education Posters (AVEC) will also be on sale for school purposes.
I am aware that inspite of having a very busy schedule you will be able to support us with your esteemed presence and guidance to take the Value Education Program in the Archdiocese forward. With this meeting we intend to get more organized on Deanery Levels to coordinate the various programs.
God bless you and I wish you all the best for this new scholastic year 2010-11.
Fr. Glenford Lowe SDB
Competition for Value Education Teachers - 2010
AVEC is organizing a Competition for all Teachers of Value Education affiliated to the ABE schools.
The Competition will require teachers to send in LESSON PLANS (a Teacher’s and Student’s copy) on any significant Value relevant to the student of a particular class.
The LESSON PLAN should keep to the following structure:
· Title: (The Value that needs to be focused on for a PARTICULAR CLASS)
· Objectives: (The main purpose of the session, the ‘Why to’ of the session)
· Duration: 40 minute session
· Materials required:
· Starter Activities: (Through ‘creative ways’ to capture the attention of the students)
· Development Stage: (Deepening of the Value through various Inputs)
· Reflective Stage: (Creating a conducing atmosphere to help the student to absorb)
· Commitment Stage: (Inviting the students to ‘Own the value’ and practice it beyond the classroom)
· All Lessons plans must be Original Works, Creative and Practical according to the Child’s level of thinking and capacity. Please indicate the Class to be facilitated.
· Participants are free to send in as many Lesson plans as they wish.
· All Lesson Plans will have to be endorsed by the School Authority.
· All Lesson Plans will have to be TYPED and submitted to the AVEC Office by e-mail and through surface mail latest by NOV, 30th 2010.
· Please ensure that the above mentioned structure is followed thoroughly.
· All Entries submitted will remain and be used as part of the AVEC Resources.
The AWARDS: A Total Cash Prize of Rs. 30,000/-
· Three AWARDS per class (std I –X) : a Total of 30 Awards to be WON!!!!!
· First Prize: Rs. 1200/-
· Second Prize: Rs. 1000/-
· Third Prize: Rs. 800/-
The Rules and Decisions made by AVEC are final and binding.
For further details please contact the AVEC office.
Organized by:AVEC, Matunga M
The Archdiocesan Value Education Centre (AVEC) invites students in the schools affiliated to the ABE to participate in the ‘CARE 4 CREATION 2010’ Competitions and Projects.
The following Rules are to be kept in mind:
1. The ‘Care 4 Creation 2010’ competitions are held within the school at a convenient time and conducted by the Value Education Coordinator.
2. To promote greater participation, the students will be divided into Three Categories:
a. Juniors (Std IV –VI)
b. Inters (Std VII – VIII)
c. Seniors (Std IX – X)
3. Only the best three entries in each category will be sent to the AVEC office before the 25th of each month. From among all participating Schools, the best three in each category will be declared. All winners will be awarded with certificates from the AVEC.
4. All winning entries submitted to the AVEC office must bear the signature of the Value Education Coordinator and the official school stamp.
5. The Winning entry for each month will feature in the E-Letter ‘Values for the Yatra’
6. For the Essay and Open Letter:
Juniors (not more than 500 words), Inters (800 words), Seniors (1000 words)
7. For the Poster, Collage Competitions: Please use an A3 Size paper only.
8. For the Skit and Street Play: Not more than 20 minutes.
9. For the Poem: A minimum of 6 verses and maximum of 10 verses.
10. All entries should be ORIGINAL WORKS by the students. The decision of the Judges will be final.
We wish you all the best and request you to display the ‘Care 4 Creation 2010’ poster together with the Rules on the school notice board to enable the students to prepare better.
For further details, feel free to contact the AVEC at email@example.com or call us at 24154477
We wish you every success in this scholastic year 2010 – 11.
God bless you all
Fr. Glenford Lowe SDB