Thursday 2 September 2010

St. Anne's High School, BORIVILI

BORIVILI, SEPTEMBER 1, 2010: STUDENTS' ORIENTATION PROGRAM

"LEAD YOUR LIFE WITH A DIFFERENCE"

Over 500 students from St. Anne's High School, BORIVILI, took part today in a three hour session on "Leadership and Values". The AVEC team once again took the opportunity offered to them by the school principal, Sr. Graceline to animate the students of standards Eight and Nine. The school auditorium was packed to capacity. T
he students,though a very big number, were excellent in behavior and very attentive and participative all through.


Beginning with a Prayer song 'Dil Ke Mandir Mei', Mr. Rochwyn Fernandes invited the students to place themselves in the presence of a God who created our beautiful world. The opening hymn was in keeping with the theme 'Care for Creation' too. Through a short story on the 'Woodcutter', the students were invited to make a journey within to discover the rich treasures within themselves.


Fr. Glenford Lowe sdb, then took the students of standards eight and nine through a series of deep reflective moments spiced with humor and short video clips. He invited them to live the abundance of life that is our birthright. "Lead yourself and love yourself because you are all Valued and beautiful," he kept reminding the students. Climbers never quit and quitters never climb!!!

No doubt, this was one of the best schools we visited so far. The students were highly motivated and eager to make a difference, first in their own lives, and then with those around them. There was never a dull moment today. One could see life and joy in everyones face. "This was very good. I was once a Camper but now I will make efforts to reach my goals making more efforts to be a Climber," wrote Nikita Vichare of IX Std.


No doubt, this was one of the best schools we visited so far. The students were highly motivated and eager to make a difference, first in their own lives, and then with those around them. There was never a dull moment today. One could see life and joy in everyones face. "This was very good. I was once a Camper but now I will make efforts to reach my goals making more efforts to be a Climber," wrote Nikita Vichare of IX Std.

Towards the end, students lined up to write their impressions on the AVEC log book. Here are some of their impressions:

"St. Anne’s school will be a Climber Always" Poonam Dadhaech VIII B.

"I was inspired and moved by this session, I will always be a Climber and be Fantastic" Krupa D. Shah VIII B.

"I was inspired by the Presentation. It was emotional and beautiful" Risha Gorathi

"It was good and I enjoyed it very much" Alisha Desai "Thank you Fr. Glenn".

"I was very moved by this Session. I have decided to improve myself day by day .Thank you" Patrina Fernandes

" I loved the Values you gave us. Thank you AVEC" Riya Thakkar VIII A.

"Thank you for coming to our School. I am inspired by your words" Sonali Saloskai VIII A.

"This ws a very good Seminar. I was touched. I loved the 12 important Values you gave"

"Thanks for coming to our School" Niriksha